Abstract: Univiewer is a visualisation program for HEALPix maps. It is written in C++ and uses OpenGL and the wxWidgets library for cross-platform portability. Using it you can:
- Rotate and zoom maps on the sphere in 3D;
- Create high-resolution views of square patches of the map;
- Change maximum and minimum values of the colourmap interactively;
- Calculate the power spectrum of the full-sky map or a patch;
- Display any column of a HEALPix map FITS file on the sphere.
In the 3D view, a HEALPix map is projected onto a ECP pixelation to create a texture which is wrapped around the sphere. In calculating the power spectrum, the spherical harmonic transforms are computed using the same ECP pixelation. This inevitably leads to some discrepancies at small scales due to repixelation effects, but they are reasonably small.
Credit: Mingaliev, Shamil M.; Ashdown, Mark; Stolyarov, Vlad