The EWASS/NAM Software in Astronomy Symposium gets underway at 9:00 AM today in Room 11A of the Liverpool ACC. This six-session Symposium includes presentations on:
- Software engineering and sustainability, education for better software, and the ecosystem around Python in astronomy (Wednesday, 9:00 – 10:30 AM)
- Software publishing, impact, and credit (Wednesday, 2:30 – 4:00 PM)
- Software packages for research (Wednesday, 4:30 – 6:00 PM)
- Open and Transparent Data Services (Thursday, 9:00 – 10:30 AM)
- Machine Learning and Data Mining (Thursday, 2:30 – 4:00 PM)
The last session of the Symposium is a Software Publishing Special Interest Group meeting, and will take place on Thursday from 4:30 to 6:00 PM.
For more information on this session, including abstracts, check the interactive guide for Symposium S6a – S6f. See you there!